Acupuncture Toronto – What are the health benefits of taking Acupuncture
Acupuncture in Toronto
Acupuncture is defined as an ancient pain relieving method that was originated 2500 years ago. The main aim of acupuncture is to provide instant relief from the pain that a person is suffering. It is the most preferred method over traditional medications. It is a popular method among those people who want to get rid of taking medicines.
Acupuncture is also defined as a form of treatment that involves the process of inserting very thin needles throughout the particular point of the skin. These needles are pre-sterilized and can be easily disposable.
It is the most accepted treatment worldwide as it can help in resolving a wide range of health issues and some of the common treatment for which acupuncture can be helpful includes headaches, blood pressure problems, and whooping cough.
Uses of Acupuncture :
Acupuncture is said to be useful in resolving a variety of health conditions, which includes:
- Chronic pain (such as headaches, back pain, neck pain)
- Sinus congestion
- Stress and anxiety
- Weight loss
Acupuncture treatment offers many benefits to boost your productivity. It is also helpful in reducing the physical and emotional impacts of the stressful work environment.
Acupuncture Toronto treatment can be helpful in providing a number of health benefits, which includes:-
Acupuncture Toronto Health Benefits
Stress is one of the most common reasons for the people seeking acupuncture treatment and acupuncture has been proven to be the most useful method for lowering the stress hormones and it also has an ability to restore the overall feeling of happiness.
Relief from Headaches
Acupuncture has been used to treat headaches for more than thousands years. Several types of research have shown that acupuncture can reduce the problem of migraines. Studies have also shown that acupuncture is a choice of treatment for those who are seeking for a drug-free option.
Reduced Cigarette Craving
Acupuncture is one of the most effective methods for those who want to reduce their smoking habits and want to lower the intake of alcohol in their regular life.
Help in resolving Repetitive Strain Injuries
Repetitive stress injuries are defined as some of the most common job-related injuries that can lead to a high number of days away from work. It is one of the most useful methods for resolving repetitive stress injuries and it can eliminate the need for surgery or drugs.
Help in reducing the problem of Arthritis
The insertion of pre-sterilized needles helps in releasing the chemical endorphins that further helps in promoting the anti-inflammatory effects, which help in treating the problem of arthritis.
Acupuncture Toronto help in reducing the after effect of chemotherapy
When a person is detected with cancer symptoms or is undergoing chemotherapy, then he can seek the help of an acupuncturist who can help him in dealing with pain, nausea, and vomiting. These professionals have a clear understanding of the symptoms from which a person is suffering. Some other cancer symptoms that may find relief after taking the help of an acupuncturist include fatigue, sleeping problems, depression, hot flashes, dry mouth, neuropathy which is defined as the weakness and pain from nerve damage, and anxiety.
North Toronto Health are specialists in Acupuncture toronto treatment. A form of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture involves the use of thin needles which are inserted into precise trigger points along the body. The triggering of these points, known as acupuncture points, helps to alleviate pain and can be used to treat numerous health conditions.
What Can Acupuncture Do?
At North Toronto Health, our acupuncture practitioners use their expertise to treat a wide range of illnesses including insomnia, headaches, depression, gastrointestinal dysfunction, low energy, and it has even helped numerous clients quit smoking.
How Does Acupuncture Work?
Thin needles are placed in precise trigger points along the body in a painless manner. The triggering of these points, known better as acupuncture points, helps to alleviate pain and can be used to treat numerous health conditions.
Discover the Best Clinical Acupuncture Toronto Has to Offer
Our acupuncturists are all highly trained and experienced in the method, which can maximize the safety and the effectiveness of acupuncture. All needles are pre-sterilized, nontoxic, and disposable as they aren’t reused. They don’t break and will never leave a piece inside your body.
The first session starts with a discussion of your health history, and you’ll be checked over for some examinations depending on your health needs. The assessment of your current health can then lead to a proper course of action regarding the acupuncture.
Why Get Acupuncture from North Toronto Health?
You’ll lie on a comfortable table, and then the therapist can then gently insert the needles at the precise spots and at the proper depths. These needles can stay in for a few minutes or up to 30 minutes or more. The number of treatments will depend on your conditions. A chronic condition may require weekly sessions for up to a few months, while an acute problem may only need 8 to 10 visits in total.
It’s an affordable treatment, and acupuncture benefits are amazing. That’s why you need to call now! With acupuncture, you don’t even have to treat a particular problem. The method can help prevent such problems in the first place!
North Toronto Health – The Experts of Toronto Acupuncture Therapists
Acetaminophen is a medicine that relieves pain and reduces fever, and it was approved by the FDA back in 1951. It is quite an effective analgesic and antipyretic, but no one really knows its exact mechanism of action. It is the same thing for acupuncture. It treats various maladies very effectively, but no one really knows for certain why this is so.
However, some facts about acupuncture are widely accepted:
- Acupuncture began in China more than 2,500 years ago, and its traditional use is to prevent or treat disease and to improve or maintain general health. According to the Chinese experts, energy flows throughout the body and this energy is called chi or An imbalance of chi can cause pain and various maladies. The insertion of needles all over the body can redirect that flow of chi to restore the balance of energy, thereby helping to restore your health.
- A 2010 study published on Nature Neuroscience demonstrated that the acupuncture needles influenced the activity of adenosine. This is the amino acid that’s activated in the skin when you’re injured, and it is designed to easy your pain. Acupuncture’s effect on adenosine can help explain its analgesic properties.
- Acupuncture may be seen as an alternative form of treatment, but mainstream medicine has become more accepting of the practice. In 1997, a panel consisting of 12 renowned scientists and physicians was convened by the US National Institutes of Health to review the practice and the effectiveness of acupuncture. The panel stated for the record that there is enough scientific evidence to confirm the value of acupuncture, and that its use should be expanded in mainstream medicine. The panel encouraged health professionals to consider the practice, especially after a thorough medical checkup and combined with the use of conventional medicine.
- It is effective for many types of pain. It can lessen dental pain, pain due to injuries, and chronic pain due to degenerative conditions. It can also help with fibromyalgia too, a chronic disorder that causes pain in many areas, tender spots, and fatigue.
- It can help with emotional disorders such as depression and anxiety. Some studies show that a weekly treatment of acupuncture can relieve depression within 3 months, which makes it just as effective as traditional counseling. That’s probably because it can regulate neurotransmitters in the brain that can make you feel happier. It has also been successfully used to help patients with post-traumatic stress syndrome.
- Digestive issues may also be addressed with the use of these needles. These problems can include vomiting, nausea, and irritable bowel syndrome. Several sessions over a month can treat acid reflux and sooth heartburn. It is suspected that the needles regulated the secretion of acid and that the procedure also accelerated digestion.
- People who suffer from migraines can also benefit from acupuncture. About 2o sessions within 4 weeks can reduce the number of migraines you experience per month.
- If you suffer from seasonal allergies, a dozen acupuncture sessions can make you feel so much better. It can reduce the severity and frequency of the symptoms, and you won’t have to take antihistamines as frequently as before. Other problems it can help relieve or prevent include cough, sore throat, the common cold, and asthma. It can also help with acute sinusitis.
- It has also attracted some attention as a way to help combat obesity. It has been shown that obese adults can lose of to 9 pounds of weight after a treatment period from 2 weeks to 4 months.
- If you’re an insomniac, the treatment can help you sleep better at night. It boosts the production of brain neurotransmitters that are related to sleeping and relaxation.
- Lower back discomfort and pain may be significantly reduced for a period of up to 6 months, after twice weekly acupuncture sessions for 5 weeks. It can also help with carpal tunnel, tennis elbow, sciatica foot pain, and other types of musculoskeletal problems.
- It can help with rehab for those who are trying to recover from a stroke. It can also help with high blood pressure and Bell’s palsy.
- It can also help with various gynecological issues. For example, it can reduce the severity and frequency of hot flashes. It can even improve the chances of being pregnant when used along with in-vitro fertilization.
- It can even help you deal with your addiction.
- For those with some type of skin disorder, acupuncture can also help.
- Despite how it looks, acupuncture isn’t really painful. Many report that they don’t feel anything, although a few do say that there is some slight discomfort. Usually, any sort of discomfort you may feel during or after the session is mild and won’t last for long.
- The truth of the matter is that acupuncture can actually be very relaxing. It’s why some patients become so relaxed that they fall asleep during the session.